Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Dr. Visit and Ultrasound

     Well, I went to the doctor yesterday. My husband had the clever idea to keep the baby out in the van while I went inside and read Twilight while I waited for my name to be called.       
     She watched movies on her dvd player and  actually had free range of the van, so she was fairly content for a while. She finally got fussy enough for my husband to bring her inside for a change. 
     After a total wait time of about an hour and a half, we finally got to see the doctor. I don't think the doctor was necessarily thinking about giving me an ultrasound but we went ahead and asked about it (since I'm at 21 weeks) and he said it was about time for that. So, the ultrasound tech happened to be in yesterday, so he went to ask if she had a free window. He came back and said we could go right now.
     So, in we went. Everything was fine. Baby was holding his hands over his face and kicking his feet. He looked really long limbed, but I'm sure he will plump up before his big entrance. And of course the moment we were waiting for--we found out we're having a little boy! So now we will have our girl and our boy. My husband is, of course, beside himself with excitement. He would have been excited either way, but I think in his heart of hearts, he wanted a boy. 
     Of course, that means we'll have to get a whole new set of clothes, but that's ok. Baby shopping is fun. :-) And I'm sure we'll be assisted by excited grandmothers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment