Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Mexican Lasagna


     This is a dish I call "Mexican Lasagna." I guess I called it this because it's layered like lasagna, but made with ingredients like tortillas and enchilada sauce. I didn't use a whole can of enchilada sauce, but I only made a 8x8 square dish.
     So, first you will want to layer the bottom with enchilada sauce. Perhaps you should be generous, since my tortillas ended up sticking anyway.
      Then, you cut some 8 inch tortillas in half and place the flat sides agianst the edges. Since I was using a square dish, I just needed two.




     Next, add some cooked chicken breast and cumin. You can mix the cumin with the chicken ahead of time, but I just sprinkled a layer on the chicken.


     Then add a layer of enchilada sauce.


     Then sprinkle on some cheddar cheese. Be as generous, or as stingy as you like. :-) But remember, there's another layer!


     Which brings me to the next step. Repeat! Do all the layers once more. Then cook at 350 degrees about 20-30 minutes, until the cheese starts to brown. Serve with sour cream and salsa (optional). It's a great use for those leftover "fresh" tortillas!


2 comments:

  1. Yum!! This looks so yummy and easy. I'm going to try this - hmm maybe tomorrow. Thanx!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty easy. I was a little apprehensive when I smelled the enchilada sauce, but it turned out pretty good. :-)

      Delete