Friday, July 6, 2012

Food Waste Friday: Company's Gone




FoodWasteFriday


     Well, I have not really been keeping track, or necessarily even having much control of what food has been coming in and out lately. First my parents were here for a few days, then my in-laws came in the evening of the day my parents left. I'm really still trying to recoup from everything and get back into the swing of things. 
    So, we've been company free about a week now, but honestly my  head is still spinning and I can't be 100% sure what got tossed this week. I don't think it was too much. Here is what I vaguely remember. 
     1. A couple pieces of bread. 
     2.Leftover mashed potatoes. 
     3. Leftover carrots. 
     4. 1/2 pack turkey lunch meat. I was dubious about it since it had spent a day in the cooler (when not out on the picnic table) and ice was almost melted when we got the stuff out at home. 
     5. DH tossed a couple of pears he insisted were no good, though I thought some parts could be salvaged. But he was in "purging mode" and I don't mess with him then. 
     Hopefully now that we are getting back into the swing of things, I will do better this week. So, check back next Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment