Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Lasagna Cups






     Here are some "lasagna cups" I made for a party I went to last week This was the first time I'd ever made them, so I still need to refine the technique. This was more time consuming than regular lasagna, especially since I usually use oven-ready noodles and I had to use the regular ones for these.
     First, you need to make a meat sauce. Ground beef, onions and green peppers added to a jar of spaghetti sauce or can of tomato sauce. Then boil the noodles according to package instructions. 
     I broke them in half so they would fit in the pot. Once boiled, I cut them length ways.




     Some of those I cut in half and some in thirds. The thirds for the bottom and the halves for the sides. I laid two smaller pieces in the bottom of a (greased) muffin tin. I used three of the longer pieces to make a "cup." I did this in each of the holes in the muffin tin.



     Next, I put a heaping teaspoon of ricotta cheese in each of the cups.


     Then I topped off the cups with the meat sauce.



     Finally, sprinkle mozzarella on top and bake at 350 degrees about 25-30 minutes.


     I was in a bit of a hurry, so I probably didn't let them sit in the pan as long as I should have. I think if they had been allowed to "crisp" a little more, they would have been better. They still kept their shape, but I couldn't just pick one up like I imagined. They are still great for a party, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment